Help ID these finds...

More info...these were found by True_Metal all in one location. Larger buckle has "(unreadable) Co., Providence RI" on it.

...and one more thing, Buckram, we won't be satisfied with your answer unless it includes the name of the person who lost these items (what can we say, you've set a high standard). ;D

Thanks, Buckram. I have the camera and True_Metal has the button, so I can't post something new right now, but when he sees your post he'll reply to your other questions about the button (which, by the way, his girlfriend said "JNY" might be Jones, New York clothing, but we hope not). There's no 79 on button as I recall. We do live in area where various Rev. War troops were located, if that helps.

Good job on getting the pics up Bergie. They came out good. 8)

Buckram. The button is one piece with a heavy dome. It is guilded with what looks like silver. Says JNY at the 11 oclock & 1 oclock positions. There is no 79 on it anywhere. All these items except for the small buckle were found in the same location. This is the same place i found that medal that Bergie and yourself IDed for me. The little buckle was found at a known Continental Army (Rev War) Encampment.

Thanks for all you help Buckram. It is appreciated and i hope you didnt go to too much trouble. Maybe no ID is good and bad? Good, that maybe there is not another known one that is in existence, and bad, that we still do not know the history of it. Well, i have it safe and sound so maybe time will give up some of it's secrets and the mystery will someday end? Thanks again 8)

bergie said:
...and one more thing, Buckram, we won't be satisfied with your answer unless it includes the name of the person who lost these items (what can we say, you've set a high standard).? ;D

I have an identical buckle, its relatively modern I think, I will dig mine out and see what the rest says, I think it Rolf or Raulf, and if I recall its the same company that makes belts and wallets today.

Buckram said:
I believe the company you're thinking of is Rolfs:

http://www.rolfs.net/rolfsforhim.html

Anyway, if you're right, you're right.? Still looks like a relatively nondescript, rectangular frame buckle to me, but maybe I'm just not squintin' hard enough.

Best of luck,
Buckram? ?

That's who I was thinking of, but not the name on the buckle. Here's a pic of mine...

[cen

Thanks Headsbunker. 8) That is the buckle, and exactly like mine. Any idea on what it may have been attached to?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back