C capsmith Sr. Member Joined Jan 10, 2011 Messages 263 Reaction score 166 Golden Thread 0 Location Tennessee Detector(s) used White Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 19, 2014 #1 A friend found this one, north middleTN.Its about 2 in long by 1in wide,I have never seen one like it. Upvote 0
A friend found this one, north middleTN.Its about 2 in long by 1in wide,I have never seen one like it.
D dlos Sr. Member Joined Jul 12, 2011 Messages 269 Reaction score 137 Golden Thread 0 Feb 19, 2014 #2 Never seen one with a "double stem" so can't help ID it. I can say that it is pretty cool looking tho! Nice find.
Never seen one with a "double stem" so can't help ID it. I can say that it is pretty cool looking tho! Nice find.
Get-the-point Bronze Member Joined Mar 31, 2009 Messages 1,434 Reaction score 568 Golden Thread 0 Location PA. NJ Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 19, 2014 #3 Double notched Turkey-tail........nice piece!!...............GTP
C capsmith Sr. Member Joined Jan 10, 2011 Messages 263 Reaction score 166 Golden Thread 0 Location Tennessee Detector(s) used White Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 20, 2014 Thread Owner #4 Get-the -point A big thank you sir ,for the ID.
crj1968 Hero Member Joined Feb 16, 2014 Messages 816 Reaction score 696 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 20, 2014 #5 That is cool. I haven't seen one either. What is it about Tennessee ?! Tons of cool stuff down there!
That is cool. I haven't seen one either. What is it about Tennessee ?! Tons of cool stuff down there!
NC field hunter Silver Member Joined Jul 29, 2012 Messages 4,253 Reaction score 1,627 Golden Thread 0 Feb 20, 2014 #6 GTP sounds good to me. The only other thing I could figure is an Adena. Not 100% but are turkey tails not a type of Adena?
GTP sounds good to me. The only other thing I could figure is an Adena. Not 100% but are turkey tails not a type of Adena?
monsterrack Silver Member Joined Apr 15, 2013 Messages 4,429 Reaction score 5,831 Golden Thread 0 Location Southwest Mississippi Detector(s) used Garrett, and Whites Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Feb 21, 2014 #7 That is what I would call a modified Turkey Tail point and I believe it's a variant form of Fulton Turkey Tails, but it is a super find. You don't see a lot of those
That is what I would call a modified Turkey Tail point and I believe it's a variant form of Fulton Turkey Tails, but it is a super find. You don't see a lot of those