🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Help identify old 30” Doll

chadkeath

Jan 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I am helping my mom figure out who possibly made this doll. She is jointed and her head is rubber with glass eyes. Her body is like a very hard painted plastic? Beautiful doll. She is 30 inches tall. The eyes sleep as well. Any help is appreciated. We have looked all over her for a mark and cannot find one. Looked on neck, rear,bottom of feet. Thank you all again.

Attachments

• IMG_5737.jpeg
    IMG_5737.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5738.jpeg
    IMG_5738.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5739.jpeg
    IMG_5739.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5740.jpeg
    IMG_5740.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5741.jpeg
    IMG_5741.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a big doll! Difficult to attribute without any marks. Could be from Ideal, or any of a number of makers. I would guess 1950's-1960s.

Did you... ahem... completely undress her to look for marks, and also look for labels inside the dress? The dress itself may or may not be original to the doll, though. It looks to be identical to this one made by Feltman Brothers (established 1916):

Feltman.jpg

They're still in business today making fancy clothing for both dolls and real toddlers. They also sell a limited range of smaller dolls, but I don't know if the range used to be more extensive.

Upvote 2
OP
OP
C

chadkeath

Jan 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a big doll! Difficult to attribute without any marks. Could be from Ideal, or any of a number of makers. I would guess 1950's-1960s.

Did you... ahem... completely undress her to look for marks, and also look for labels inside the dress? The dress itself may or may not be original to the doll, though. It looks to be identical to this one made by Feltman Brothers (established 1916):

View attachment 2102292

They're still in business today making fancy clothing for both dolls and real toddlers. They also sell a limited range of smaller dolls, but I don't know if the range used to be more extensive.

Hi it is the same dress you mentioned. Feltman Bros. And we looked her from top to bottom and no marks.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread