What's new

Help identify what this might be

Nuclearpayne

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 11, 2020
Messages
8
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Marnur-Mrog 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found in Western NC, near supposedly an old civil war camp.
 

Attachments

  • 5CAAED2C-A0F9-49C3-AFCC-CF76EC7E30CF.webp
    5CAAED2C-A0F9-49C3-AFCC-CF76EC7E30CF.webp
    121.2 KB · Views: 129
  • A0E242B1-1150-4B5C-A939-4E581C8B4F62.webp
    A0E242B1-1150-4B5C-A939-4E581C8B4F62.webp
    268.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 8C0A5400-A814-45BA-82AD-E54CB914C872.webp
    8C0A5400-A814-45BA-82AD-E54CB914C872.webp
    465.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 3D3C7D8E-3176-4B48-AD67-4C0FF2583071.webp
    3D3C7D8E-3176-4B48-AD67-4C0FF2583071.webp
    331.2 KB · Views: 85
  • B758737F-708E-4EEA-93AC-CE907524682E.webp
    B758737F-708E-4EEA-93AC-CE907524682E.webp
    454.8 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Could you please reshoot the photo on a white background?
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a heel plate from a boot or shoe
 
Upvote 0
Sorry but you are gonna have to do better than one single semi blurry photo of an un-cleaned item.

No offense... but wash it and repost with multiple photos... back... close... etc.
 
Upvote 0
Alrighty, sorry for the jacked up photo. I will do my best to take a multiple pictures on white background and repost tomorrow. Thanks.
 
Upvote 0
Alrighty, sorry for the jacked up photo. I will do my best to take a multiple pictures on white background and repost tomorrow. Thanks.

Sounds good.
 
Upvote 0
I agree. The pic is not the best...

Based on size, shape, and the leaf, I'm guessing it is part of a Lt. Colonel epaulette.

CW epaulette.webp

Looking forward to additional pics.
 
Upvote 0
Better pics... well done.

I must also say your item looks very familiar to me but I cant get a finger on it.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
The added pics are very well done. In the close-ups you can see tiny remnants of gold gilt.

I will stand by my guess of part of an epaulette.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom