What's new

Help identifying depression glass?

Distinctive

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 1, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
I have this bowl that I assume is depression glass. It has unusual lace cutouts that I can not find on your typical online sites. All I see online is your lattice, or scalloped cutout. Does anyone have a clue who made it, when. It's about 9" wide.
 

Attachments

  • amber depression glass bowl.webp
    amber depression glass bowl.webp
    103.9 KB · Views: 89
  • amber DGl.webp
    amber DGl.webp
    52.7 KB · Views: 54
  • amber depression glass.webp
    amber depression glass.webp
    46.7 KB · Views: 62
I have this bowl that I assume is depression glass. It has unusual lace cutouts that I can not find on your typical online sites. All I see online is your lattice, or scalloped cutout. Does anyone have a clue who made it, when. It's about 9" wide.
I used to collect Depression Era glassware and belonged to club back in the 90's. I did a little research on your piece and I believe it is not depression glass but an earlier piece of glassware from Bryce Brothers, unnamed pattern No. 3. They were in Pittsburgh, PA and the company was in operation from 1882 - 1891. This piece can be found in amber, blue, amethyst, canary and crystal.
If you go to www.eapgs.net (Early American Pattern Glass Society webpage) you will see it listed there.
I hope this is helpful.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom