- #1
Thread Owner
Hello ... I'm new to this forum (9/10/2025). Spanish cobs are my hobby & I enjoy identifying & attributing these coins. I've been a collector for over 25 years, & I'm far from an expert. I am familiar with the various colonial mints, their styles & peculiarities, & am willing to help if I can. You can send me a direct message & I'll respond. My interest is not purchasing, but just identifying. I've been on eBay since 1998, same "mrwiskers" handle as here, & you can see my 25+ years of 100% positive feedback.
I enjoy seeing & reading about Spanish coins found in the USA, as they were extensively used as legal tender up to the Coinage Act of 1857. I have several (bought from hunters) from the Original Colonies areas.
Please send clear, sharply focused photos, plain background. Flat - lay (direct overhead) shots are best for cobs, as angled shots often hide small details. I've attached a typical photo that shows good detail.
...hope to hear from you guys, if I can be of help ...enjoy reading your stories of your finds...
I enjoy seeing & reading about Spanish coins found in the USA, as they were extensively used as legal tender up to the Coinage Act of 1857. I have several (bought from hunters) from the Original Colonies areas.
Please send clear, sharply focused photos, plain background. Flat - lay (direct overhead) shots are best for cobs, as angled shots often hide small details. I've attached a typical photo that shows good detail.
...hope to hear from you guys, if I can be of help ...enjoy reading your stories of your finds...







