What's new

Help Identifying Fossil Found in Southern Pa.

janra171408

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2010
Messages
29
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bedford, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Measurements are aprox. 3 1/4 in. long-3 3/4 in. at widest and 2 1/2 in. high. Found in Southern Mid.Pa. Don't know if this is a sea creature, insect, mammal??? Any Clues??? Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • fossil5.webp
    fossil5.webp
    252.7 KB · Views: 671
  • fossil22.webp
    fossil22.webp
    50.2 KB · Views: 577
  • fossil33.webp
    fossil33.webp
    26.3 KB · Views: 361
  • fossil4.webp
    fossil4.webp
    407.6 KB · Views: 596
Looks like a folded up trilobite?
 
maybe? kind of reminds me of a folded up lobster?
 
I think 'old digger' is probably correct . . . an enrolled trilobite. It may be a Bumastus sp., judging by the large, pock-marked pygidium -- but, that's a guess.
 
awesome thanks guys, i'll be posting pics of a few more things i've found for everyone to check out.
 
Wow! That's a beauty. I have a little enrolled Phacops I found beside Cayuga Lake, but it's only 1/2" around.
 
Why thank you! Would you believe I didn't even have to dig for it just move a few leaves and there she was :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom