What's new

Help Identifying... Found these yesterday, but going hunting in a bit.... :) HH & GL

MD'erStEvO

Full Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2015
Messages
150
Reaction score
170
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vicenza (Military)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 11" Coil, Bounty Hunter Platinum Edition, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Help Identifying... Found these yesterday, but going hunting in a bit.... :) HH & GL

I found these relics yesterday out back (Vicenza, Italy) and could use some help in identifying a few things....
4 relics combined.webpmedal image.webpmedal back image.webpspin top front.webpspin top 2 back side.webpnavy front.webpdont know front.webpi dont know back.webpwads 1.webpwads 2.webp

We found out that the medal is from a Group out of Trieste, Italy and it has an inscription on the back. Gonna call them Monday to see if they want it back to add to their history within their establishment. It's dates 1980... I can't make much out of the Navy button, but it has an anchor in the middle, crown up top, maybe a fish in the middle or cannon, and a rope at the bottom. And the last one I need help in identifying is the spinning top looking picture.. Keep in mind that all of these had patina all over them until I cleaned them with my electrolysis machine.... That thing is awesome... Oh yea, and the last few pics I can't identify.. I've asked my Italian friends, but they don't know. I keep finding them out back, but I guess the younger generation hasn't a clue. One last note of importance.. I've found Centesimi's out back dating from late 1700's to mid 1800's, so these should be pretty old relics found. All are of metal and not plastic... Thanks for your help... Should you find out what some are, please post the site you found them on.... Good luck and Happy Hunting!!! MD'erStEvO
 
Upvote 6
The 7 lead objects are Bag/Bale Seals.

If you don't know what an item is, I would lay off the electroloysis. Patina is everything in older finds.
 
Crusader,
Thanks for the help on the bag/bale sealers!!! I don't clean my older coins with electrolysis, only the nicknacks... I would never sell my finds. I'm definitely a hoarder when it comes to treasures.. lol... :thumbsup:
 
If a "nicknack" is made of brass or copper, I would suggest to leave it as is,save some soap and water.As Cru said"patina is everything". To make it shiny may be your preference but the natural aged darkening is something you can't get back, once it is new looking....jmo
 
You guys are spot on with your assessments!!! I found more today that I will post within the next hour.
 
My only real point is to save you some future heartache. You are in a historic country & sometimes the least important looking piece is the most valuable. Both in value & in historic importance. You need to be 100% sure what your cooking before you do it, that was all. (even if you never sell stuff like me) Happy Hunting!
 
My only real point is to save you some future heartache. You are in a historic country & sometimes the least important looking piece is the most valuable. Both in value & in historic importance. You need to be 100% sure what your cooking before you do it, that was all. (even if you never sell stuff like me) Happy Hunting!

I agree .
I did my fair share of Over cleaning when I first Started Hunting.
but
They are your pieces so, do with them as you wish.
Davers
 
Crusader,
Thanks for the advise! :) I definitely learned a lesson after cleaning the 23rd Regiment button with the electrolysis machine.... It looks good, but has changed a little in color.... I don't plan to use it anymore.... Everything will keep it's patina like it should. :occasion14: Cheers!!!

MD'StEvO
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom