What's new

Help IDing buttons

mgtmadness

Full Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2009
Messages
199
Reaction score
237
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bath ,NY
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i
Help ID'ing buttons

I am needing help to ID buttons here
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0155.webp
    IMG_0155.webp
    38.8 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0162.webp
    IMG_0162.webp
    38.2 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0163.webp
    IMG_0163.webp
    47 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0167.webp
    IMG_0167.webp
    44.6 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0165.webp
    IMG_0165.webp
    29.5 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0171.webp
    IMG_0171.webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_0168.webp
    IMG_0168.webp
    30.4 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0169.webp
    IMG_0169.webp
    37.9 KB · Views: 213
Re: Help ID'ing buttons

I am not sure what it is made from brass/copper.
The little one looks like a girl scout button or boy scout.
The bigger one is the size of a U.S. Nickel.

The back is Flat, the front has a slight convex shape to it.
There is writing on both front and back, but I cannot make them out.

Someone else here in the house thinks the front has a big tree on it?? tree of Life type of looks?? :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Help ID'ing buttons

The buttons in the first pics are flat buttons late 1700's to 1830's
The bottom button is called a golden age button. these had floral designs and date 1820's -30's
Both type are civilian buttons
 
Upvote 0
Re: Help ID'ing buttons

Thank You!! I found them in Hammondsport, NY. It was founded in 1827.
I currently live in Bath, NY founded in 1793 and home of the Oldest continually running Fair in the U.S.
The fair grounds should be a good place to MD if you can get past all the junk, and so should parts of Hammondsport near the lake as first air flights took place there.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Help ID'ing buttons

Cool. Sounds like your in a good area. I think I would try to get past that junk. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Hat Button help
Replies
3
Views
545
Replies
15
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom