jerseyben
Gold Member
- Joined
- Nov 18, 2010
- Messages
- 5,216
- Reaction score
- 2,180
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- NJ Pine Barrens
- Detector(s) used
- T2 SE
- Primary Interest:
- Other
help me date a site: button & bullet
I need help dating a site I am working. Here are 2 items found on the site that I cannot find a date range for due to my limited knowledge of the items. Found in Southern New Jersey near a Revolutionary War area but, to the best of my knowledge, no Civil War activity.
First is a solid lead bullet. Second is a button with a smooth front and recessed reverse. The shank is not a typical "wire" loop but almost like it was cast into the body of the button?
I need help dating a site I am working. Here are 2 items found on the site that I cannot find a date range for due to my limited knowledge of the items. Found in Southern New Jersey near a Revolutionary War area but, to the best of my knowledge, no Civil War activity.
First is a solid lead bullet. Second is a button with a smooth front and recessed reverse. The shank is not a typical "wire" loop but almost like it was cast into the body of the button?







