What's new

Help me ID this small ring.

blueskyminer

Full Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2015
Messages
179
Reaction score
300
Golden Thread
0
Location
Desert Southwest
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Woody modified Gold Monster 1000, GPX6000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a noob so please excuse my ignorance. Found a small ring a couple of inches deep next to a tree. The marking can not be read due to wear. I use a Gold Bug, rang 80 in the ground, 80 on the ground...what is it ? P4170002.webp

Thanks in advance.
 
It is possible it is silver. Your best bet is to have a jeweler look at it. They do it free. Next best is to buy an acid test kit. You can get them for under 15.00 on fee bay.
 
I would recommend that you post this under this forum: What Is It?, you may have better luck there ;). Good luck IDing it, I have very little guess on how to ID it right now :)
 
"Open back up and smell it. If it stinks horribly, you've got silver."

Either that or you haven't brushed your teeth in a couple of weeks!!:laughing7:
 
Mix some bicarb into a paste in your hand and rub the paste on the ring with your fingers then wrinse in water ..silver will clean up beutifully
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom