What's new

help me out

allen

Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
20,065
Reaction score
215
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
found these two items yesterday
while detecting a school close to
where I live at.
The quarters are for size reference.
Any help is appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • allens coin shots 314.webp
    allens coin shots 314.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 378
  • allens coin shots 313.webp
    allens coin shots 313.webp
    12.8 KB · Views: 358
  • allens coin shots 314.webp
    allens coin shots 314.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 370
  • allens coin shots 313.webp
    allens coin shots 313.webp
    12.8 KB · Views: 362
I may be way off here, but the white piece reminds me of a ball foot off of a toy or saleman's model cast iron bathtub, similiar to the one shown here.
That is just a wild guess though.
 

Attachments

  • Antique-Claw-Foot-Cast-Iron-Bathtub-BGL-88--main_Full.webp
    Antique-Claw-Foot-Cast-Iron-Bathtub-BGL-88--main_Full.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 360
Upvote 0
"If" the white item is made of iron, I think it is the back half to a cast iron bank. Does it look like the back on a person's head? The hole is for the screw to hold the front half to the back. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
"If" the white item is made of iron, I think it is the back half to a cast iron bank. Does it look like the back on a person's head? The hole is for the screw to hold the front half to the back. Breezie
This could very well be so, considering
this was thing found at an elementary school.
 
Upvote 0
allen said:
Breezie said:
"If" the white item is made of iron, I think it is the back half to a cast iron bank. Does it look like the back on a person's head? The hole is for the screw to hold the front half to the back. Breezie
This could very well be so, considering
this was thing found at an elementary school.

From what I can see in the pic, it looks like a cape, which could be for Superman or Casper the Ghost, or any character who wears a cape. Could you clean it up and take a better/closer pic of it? Since it is so small, it might not be a bank, but a toy. The same principle would apply, I think the hole is for a screw to hold the 2 halves together. Breezie
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom