652.9 KB · Views: 88
OP
OP
M

msimmons

Jun 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Could you mark it again on this close up. I will take a picture next time I am there as well if I can not find it. Thanks so much for the help Art!

Attachments

• waterfall 3.jpg
    waterfall 3.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 65

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
...exposed gold veins are the stuff of legends!! OUTSTANDING WORK ART!! :-)

OP
OP
M

msimmons

Jun 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks so much Art. It looks like it moved about 40 feet from the first mark. Is that just because of the map scale as I zoom in? I will be out of town for about 10 days, then I will try to find it and I will post what I discover. I own this property so it will not be an issue. It is a bit of a kayak trip up the river to get there, but I go there about once a month to enjoy it. My rods should help me pinpoint it. It looks like this second mark is in the river, so if I get a hit I will get my kids to build me a little dam....lol

OP
OP
M

msimmons

Jun 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I also have a Garrett ATX that is fully waterproof, that might help for this job

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
There is some gold float down hill from the vein. There maybe some specimens that are valuable.

OP
OP
M

msimmons

Jun 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
update

There is some gold float down hill from the vein. There maybe some specimens that are valuable.[/QUOT

Went to this location. Very interesting quartz that runs along a rock wall from the top of a hill down to the river where Art marked for the exposed vein. My rods lead me up the hill from the river to where this wall was. Got a hit all along the wall. It was about 100 feet long and maybe 12 feet high. It was difficult to break up some pieces, but I did get some. My rods were crossing like crazy right around the area that Art marked where the vein comes to the surface down near the river. The pieces I got I am still getting a hit for gold. I will test it with my gold filled pendulum today and confirm it again. I will post some pics of the pieces. Does anybody have any suggestion on the best way to break this up and see if there is gold in there? Thanks again Art for the time to dowse these pictures for me.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
There should be some gold in the river where it becomes Placer gold

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

msimmons

Jun 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks for the info Art. I will go down river a little and see if I get some color in the pan.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I use a metal post driver and a heavy bar to turn the samples into dust. Then it is easy to pan

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Does anybody have any suggestion on the best way to break this up and see if there is gold in there? Thanks again Art for the time to dowse these pictures for me."

If you have a good DSLR camera and a zoom lens, adding a closeup thick filter mount macro lens.
Zoom setting about 28-50 mm, filter mount macro must be the super magnification type. Set distance on zoom lens to infinity.

The large file size on a DSLR camera, makes it possible to crop down and enlarge enough to see small gold. But crop only and never reduce the file size.

Attachments

• quartz_veinrock1LGgold.jpg
    quartz_veinrock1LGgold.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 52
  • quartz_veinrock3.jpg
    quartz_veinrock3.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 52
  • quartz_veinrock4.jpg
    quartz_veinrock4.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 56
  • quartz_veinrock4crop.jpg
    quartz_veinrock4crop.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 56
  • quartz_veinrock4cropc.jpg
    quartz_veinrock4cropc.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the rectangle area, then if you need more the circles.

Attachments

• Waterfall 2.jpg
    Waterfall 2.jpg
    700.5 KB · Views: 74
OP
OP
M

msimmons

Jun 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thank you Red.. I don't have a camera like that, but I may look into it. That is really interesting. What are the circles and what is the Square again? Thanks

OP
OP
M

msimmons

Jun 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Another update....Kayaked in again this weekend and went just below the mark that Art made for the exposed vein. Took one pan of material and found I small piece of gold.

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
NICE!! When you get down to bedrock in the creek, you just may have a GLORY HOLE!!! (Had one buddy in Oregon 10 years ago found such a virgin spot and pulled out over 25 ounces of tiny to medium sized nuggets from a 4 X 12 foot area in about a week.)

Another update....Kayaked in again this weekend and went just below the mark that Art made for the exposed vein. Took one pan of material and found I small piece of gold.

OP
OP
M

msimmons

Jun 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That would be amazing. I just need a small suction dredge. There are a lot of cracks I just can't get at underwater there.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The square could be deeper and the circles closer to surface. Also, area below the squares had some signal, but isn't marked on the map.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

msimmons

Jun 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thank you. Yes the square area is going to be tough to get to. There is a very strong current there that pushes into two jagged rocks. My son and I swim across it, but it might could be worked during a low water flow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread