What's new

Help on digging the Iffy signals on the E-trac

You know, I used to use a modified A.S. pattern; I had the FE line up to 21 so that only 20 and less were accepted. I had never seen a good target with an FE greater than 20, UNTIL my "best hunt" this January. I had a dime/quarter signal that was popping up no better than the FE 19-20 area (just above my reject line), and NOT consistant. I put the E-Trac into quickmask with a full open screen and rescanned the target. Now, up until now that had always given me a target with FE of 30's, but this was hitting solid in the mid 20s up to about 27. It was about 6 or 7 inches deep so I dug. I was rewarded with a Standing Liberty Quarter, and I then changed my pattern so the FE line was now at 27. It is noisier from falsing iron, but as described above you can determine most of that from a few seconds of scanning.

Of course, chasing a toddler is a huge game changer!
 
You know, I used to use a modified A.S. pattern; I had the FE line up to 21 so that only 20 and less were accepted. I had never seen a good target with an FE greater than 20, UNTIL my "best hunt" this January. I had a dime/quarter signal that was popping up no better than the FE 19-20 area (just above my reject line), and NOT consistant. I put the E-Trac into quickmask with a full open screen and rescanned the target. Now, up until now that had always given me a target with FE of 30's, but this was hitting solid in the mid 20s up to about 27. It was about 6 or 7 inches deep so I dug. I was rewarded with a Standing Liberty Quarter, and I then changed my pattern so the FE line was now at 27. It is noisier from falsing iron, but as described above you can determine most of that from a few seconds of scanning.

Of course, chasing a toddler is a huge game changer!

See now your going to have me out there digging every iffy signal I come across lol.
 
Here is the problem; rusty iron, especially nails, are great at fooling the E-Trac for those who don't know how to listen to it.

Could you try to explain how to "listen" to iron or how to recognize it.
 
Could you try to explain how to "listen" to iron or how to recognize it.

read everything I wrote below that statement, I explain what to listen for!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom