What's new

Help opening safe

Sorry I didn't check this post further I have been busy. The safe and the house are indeed mine, though I did find the posts that something shady was going on funny :) My great uncle passed about 4 years ago. He had a couple of homes. One he left to my mother and my aunt. The house with the safe, and its contents were left to me. The rest of my family weren't very happy. This resulted in almost 4 years of probate. Big fun.

The safe contents will remain mostly an internet mystery. The best thing in it, was a note to me from my uncle explaining why he left me the house :)

I'll have to work on my post count, as it seems that may be important in some way??? :icon_scratch:
 
Jowlz said:
Sorry I didn't check this post further I have been busy. The safe and the house are indeed mine, though I did find the posts that something shady was going on funny :) My great uncle passed about 4 years ago. He had a couple of homes. One he left to my mother and my aunt. The house with the safe, and its contents were left to me. The rest of my family weren't very happy. This resulted in almost 4 years of probate. Big fun.

The safe contents will remain mostly an internet mystery. The best thing in it, was a note to me from my uncle explaining why he left me the house :)

I'll have to work on my post count, as it seems that may be important in some way??? :icon_scratch:
Not near as important to me as the fact that he left you a note . That's priceless . Enjoy what ever else was in there . None of our business what it was .
Jim
 
truckinbutch said:
Not near as important to me as the fact that he left you a note . That's priceless . Enjoy what ever else was in there . None of our business what it was .
Jim

Agreed. Good enough to know that it was not empty, and the contents worth recovering.

Diggem'
 
Would what he said in the note you finally gained access to have lessened the 4 years of probate? lol. :read2:
 
Having a letter from your uncle is priceless. It was worth opening the safe...enjoy the remaining contents.
 
My best friend is a locksmith, I've helped him open lots of safes. :headbang: Some safes are booby trapped with teargas. :o Most safes have asbestos in the wall for fireproofing. :o Safes should only be opened by combination or a licensed locksmith only. :read2: My advice is find a locksmith and stand over his shoulder until it opens.... :icon_thumleft: He should only open it a crack and not look inside unless you say he can. :hello2:

Keep @ It and HH !! :D ;D
 
My mother worked in a Navy pay office during WW2.

They had a safe which was donated that they couldn't open.

A German POW who was a safe expert (safe cracker?) was brought over to open it.

There was nothing in it, but at least the Navy could use it.

:)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom