Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unknown button and token vintage

I got back to Riverside Park in Baltimore today. Very difficult hunting conditions.
Two deep targets that I need help identifying are the button and token shown here.

The reverse of the button may have some iron but I'm not certain. I did not want to procede with any electrolysis out of concern of damage and removal of the patina.

The token has wording on the obverse, but is blank on the back. It reads "Approximate running points when warm 1 point".
Thanks for your time and advice.

anchor_button.jpgtoken.jpg

I'm not sure about your coin, but your button is a fashion/blazer button. Your rusty back is the giveaway.

Upvote 0
Looks like your "coin" was probably a tag attached to a valve or throttle speed control.

Upvote 0
I found one on a German site. It's tag said 3/4 turn, but I could not read anything else in German.

Upvote 0
It seems like it would be something to do involving plumbing or pipes.

Upvote 0
Hope to find the answer someday. Right now it's even more obscure in that it is definitely not a token. But we know it's not a 'one of' either.

Upvote 0
Hello McCDig. The coin/token thing may have been an adjustment indicator for a lantern. I remember gas lanterns having a similar indication, something like "1/2 Turn After 1 Minute".

Thanks for the post and nice finds. C9

Upvote 0
Hello McCDig. The coin/token thing may have been an adjustment indicator for a lantern. I remember gas lanterns having a similar indication, something like "1/2 Turn After 1 Minute".

Thanks for the post and nice finds. C9

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back