What's new

help reply fast

phrostie

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
534
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nap Town
What would you be willing to offer for mercs / washington quarters. I have a lady looking to sell these and roosevelt dimes... What do shops sell them for or offer you for them?
 
Upvote 0
I think you can get a good idea by just doing a search on ebay. Find some rolls that are up for sale and about to end and that can give you an idea. Ebay tends to sell a bit high so you might want to lower the price a bit. But certainly if you could sell them for what they are going for on ebay that would be better. It would also depend on the condition of the coins and the dates. If you are including semi key dates then the price should be a bit higher. Same with Au condition coins. Hope this helps.

-Golden Silver
 
great thanks, sorry for weird post, was searching ebay at same time.

u think .90 for roosevelts, 2.20 for washingtons and 1.00 for mercury's is unreasonable?
 
I'd search for key dates, the 1916 D merc, the 21, 21 D, 26 S... On the quarters look for the 32 D, 32 S, there are alot of double dies in the quarters to look for. I would pay accordingly for the key dates, as far as the rest including the rosevelts, I'd pay 10 times face, no more then that.

My 2 cents

Chris
 
Seein what you just posted I would say no, that's not unreasonable if you can them for that, but that is real close to 10 times face and alot easier to figure.

Chris
 
i'd give a dollr on the dimes and 2 on the quarters. 10X face is great advice imho.
 
with omitted mintmarks...here is what the dates were

12 Mercury Dimes-1920,36,38,41,2-42,2-43,44,2-45,46
270 Roosevelt Silver Dimes
28 Silver Quarters-1940,41,2-42,2-44,46,55,57,60,61,63,15-64,
42

I offered .90 for roosies, 2.20 for quarters and am working on mercs...probably going to split the roosies and quarters with my buddies as they are starting to stock up on silver coins. I tell them they should just CRH, but they think I'm stupid and just want to pay for the coins.

Ahh, I guess patience and persistence and this weird obsession is what I get!
 
Also don't forget about the grade.

.75 mercs

.50 rosies

1 quarters 1.00-2.00 that is if they are f grade

2.00-3.00 on the 40 & 41 quarters that is if they are at least f grade.

You don't wont to break even in the long run this is just what I would pay at most for these.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom