Help...Research for Revolutionary War in MA

DevilDocST

Apr 22, 2006
Stationed in Okinawa, Japan
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Hi all, its MA_hunter001

:) I would like it if anyone could point me in the right direction in finding Rev. sites in eastern Ma. I live outside of Worcester an hour from Boston. Would like it if one can help me out and pointing me in the right direction. I've tried to find skirmish sites but can't find any websites with sufficient info. (the websites i checked just deal with the main battles.) I'm going to keep trying,... Anything for treasure hunting!! 8) 8)

Thanks a lot!! Its greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would get ahold of some early history of MA ...these books should have some info on the areas were camps or skirmishes took place....finds those large farm fields and get that detector swinging! Good luck!

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Check your local towns library, i found a nice book at my library, but all the street names and places have since changed :-\

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
:icon_scratch: hmmm who thought that.

Attachments

• kidd burgoyne.jpg
    kidd burgoyne.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 487

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
;D :coffee2: :tongue3: :thumbsup: ;D Bro. kr33 is BEST "source" for yer "neck of da woods", for War for Independence "treasure"... and! RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH... kr33 ALSO has LOTS!! I would CERTAINLY look into areas where "TORIES" were; da BRITS put "stuff" in "FRIENDLY" areas, where they were living;D :wink: :coffee2:
:thumbsup: :icon_sunny: 8)

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
" was what took the MOST POWERFUL HOLD OF THE IMAGINATION of the Berkshire folk; And to this such a degree as to tinge some of the legends, WHICH THEY HANDED DOWN, WITH SUPERSTITIONS akin to those which attach to the piratical hoards of Captain Kidd" Kidrock........You don't get it ,do you? Whether you know it or not, I'm trying to help you understand that THERE IS NO TREASURE of BURGOYNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are stories that were handed down from generation to generation, and only grew bigger and better WHOPPERS as they got passed down. Two things are happening here....... Either your posting this stuff and putting us all on....or the things you are trying to understand are getting all jumbled up from your eyes to your thought process. It's the only way I can explain this without trying to offend you. You are misenterpreting what you are reading.

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
I have a spot in Lexington... I'll take ya if you wanna go... Last time there i got a 1723 farthing...

It's one of them spots that has some clad... But it's still a great time........ :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jan 12, 2013
richmond,ma
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello im looking for rev war sites in berkshire county,ma. I have already been to Stockbrige where sheys rebelion started and I heard that thers some in the west stockbrige area. If anyone has info contact me at [email protected]

jerseysnapper

Jan 6, 2013
South Plainfield, NJ
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the national park did a big battles list of the american rev and war of 1812. here is a site that may help you American Battlefield Protection Program.
there wasn't any really big battles in mass after the siege of boston. but during the bicentennial, alot of states did things for that. in nj there did a map of all different battles and skirmishes. try to see the state did anything for the amer rev. i hope the link i gave you helps and keep me posted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread