What's new

Help! Returning Coins

craigpcdmc

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2010
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
OK. My search of dimes, pennies, and small dollar coins is over. Now it's time to return.
I get my coins from Bank A
Bank A has an auto coin counter and is polite and dosen't care if i return some coins there.
Bank B also has an auto counter and i usually return there
BanK C Does Not and is rude never really come here just have an account
Bank ECT: Multipule Banks, up to one Hr away, all have coin counters, all are fine

I don't like the idea that some of my dimes could go in as pennies. I dont mind a $1-2 loss but will die with a $100+ loss. What are the odds of dime getting taken as pennies? Where should i dump. Where should i pick up. None of the counters have Fees. Bank C is not very nice but will give me a few roles to search just never boxes.

Bank C is closest ( walking distance)
Bank A is a 5-10 minute drive
Bank B is a 10-15 minute drive
Bank ECT is many banks that all have free counters. they range from 20 minutes to 1hr away.
 
Upvote 0
Can't you just separate the dimes from the pennies yourself and put them into the counter separately? That way no dimes will get counted as pennies.
 
packerbacker said:
Can't you just separate the dimes from the pennies yourself and put them into the counter separately? That way no dimes will get counted as pennies.
In theory, that's how it should work. I carry-in $500 bags of dimes turned over directly to the teller. Got tired of the machine counting dimes as cents, when i dumped only dimes.....happened almost every time.
 
I have dumped dimes at 4 different banks, and every one has counted some dimes as pennies. So, I don't do dimes too much for that reason, and when I do, I re-roll them and spend them in stores instead of dumping.
 
my machines almost always count a few dimes as cents. However, since I also am able to buy the cent bags from the machine I generally make out ok since I not only get my "dimes" back but I also get other folks dimes as well.
 
packerbacker said:
Can't you just separate the dimes from the pennies yourself and put them into the counter separately? That way no dimes will get counted as pennies.

Not true
 
To start with unless your doing well with small dollar coins switch to halves. I wouldnt get coins from areas that i dump in [that is the first rule i learned in crh]. You can occasionaly test the different machines by dumping an exact amount of dimes to see how well the machine works. Also if your getting more silver then penny losses dont worry about it if not dont use the machine or stop doing dimes. Bringimg $500 bags of dimes back sounds good if u can.
 
packerbacker said:
Dang, I didn't know the counters had that problem. I think I'd roll them also.
Small amounts, fine. Re-roll two grand worth? Never!
 
sounds like laziness to me. When I was CRH, I would individually put each coin into rolls. Had no problem taking coins back to banks.
 
Detectingfreak said:
sounds like laziness to me. When I was CRH, I would individually put each coin into rolls. Had no problem taking coins back to banks.
That's insane. It's called working smarter, not harder. I'd be re-rolling dimes forever! Talking bout a couple thousand dollars in dimes a week, not a couple rolls here and there, good golly Miss Molly!
 
How about buying one of those cheap do it yourself counters. I have one for the smaller pocket change and the only thing it costs after the fact is for the tubes and they are cheap.
A cheap counter is about twenty bucks but would save you in the long run. Of course it wont do halves and dollars and you still should cull out the Sacs, "gold" dollars and such to aleviate any unforseen problems I havent run across.

Just a thought since it works for me! :dontknow:
 
Maryland Searcher 2 said:
How about buying one of those cheap do it yourself counters. I have one for the smaller pocket change and the only thing it costs after the fact is for the tubes and they are cheap.
A cheap counter is about twenty bucks but would save you in the long run. Of course it wont do halves and dollars and you still should cull out the Sacs, "gold" dollars and such to aleviate any unforseen problems I havent run across.

Just a thought since it works for me! :dontknow:
The cheap counter will work great - if all you are searching is pocket change.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom