What's new

Help! Southern Ohio pottery?

drewa77

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2013
Messages
29
Reaction score
57
Golden Thread
0
I was out today and came across almost an entire pot (broken). I have limited knowledge on the type and style of pottery found in this area, therefore my question is, is this modern or Native American. On the other hand, found all kinds of flint ridge flakes! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430682955.709382.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430682978.144054.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430682991.423080.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430683009.206908.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430683023.561093.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430683038.704301.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430683053.503430.webp
 
Upvote 0
Im not from your area but just going by color I would guess more modern. Pics are a bit blurry so its a guess.
 
absolutely modern. note potter's wheel 'rings' on the bottom piece.
 
Here is some actual Native American Pottery pieces.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0064.webp
    DSC_0064.webp
    86.8 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC_0063.webp
    DSC_0063.webp
    85.2 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC_0062.webp
    DSC_0062.webp
    91.2 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC_0061.webp
    DSC_0061.webp
    86.9 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC_0060.webp
    DSC_0060.webp
    92.6 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC_0065.webp
    DSC_0065.webp
    96.1 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC_0066.webp
    DSC_0066.webp
    71 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC_0067.webp
    DSC_0067.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 94
Drew, if you'd like some Pottery just let me know. I work at Vandervort Ace just down the street from the school and I could bring some in. You could swing by and see get it so you can study what local Pottery looks like.
 
I am there Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Let me know when you can stop by and I'll bring some in.
 
Sorry Steve! I missed you this morning and forgot until just now. When can I meet up with you again?
 
Yeah, sorry I missed you. I guess I should have told you I don't come until 8:30 am. I am there Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8:30 am until 5:30 pm. I have a box of pieces in my truck so stop by anytime. I usually take lunch between 12 and 1 pm.
 
Sounds good. I will swing by next Thursday.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom