spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aa, you're going about this all wrong, there is no need to cut anything :laughing7:

Red, good idea, but too much work and potential mess to deal with later :laughing7:

DO you notice how your tree is laying in this photo??? Well, just leave it there and trim only the top and the sides of the tree. Lighting is a breeze when you don't have to run around the tree for days with stings of lights. Just stand over it and drop the lights down :thumbsup:

Do I have to do everything for you :tongue3:

Spartacus53, making your Christmas simple :thumbsup:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I remember as a young boy, my dad would take me and the whole fam dam to cut down the chrismas tree every year. We would all trod out in the deep snow in the tree grove, look at trees and somehow agree upon which one to cut. My mom usually had the last word. It was cheap back then five or maybe ten bucks for a good one (blue spruce). Dad cut ours, a crappy pine, then got a real beauty blue spruce for my aunty (my dad's sister). We get to her house, drag the thing in, we are all a bit excited. It was a surprise of sorts. The tree was a little big, anyway, she sees it and hates it and says something like "what the heck am I gonna do with that thing?". Well, my dad got a look on his face to beat the devil and grabbed the tree and dragged that friken thing all the way back through the house out the back door and threw it into the truck bed and left a hell of a mess in the house, all the needles and such. We got the hell out of there. My mom and my poor little sister were besides themselves, I was stupified, but I felt his pain. I dont remember much after that but man, it was just a frikin terrible scene. My grandmother did not know whether to crap or wind her watch. Anyway, my aunt put up a real gem of a tree that year, a fake one, the fake ones were up and coming back then, and not really seen as acceptable by purists, as may be seen today. I think that was the year I got the stupid electrical experiment kit instead of the metal detector that I so desperately wanted for christmas. I love chrismas. Most christmas dilemnas are easy. But not all of them.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
aa, you're going about this all wrong, there is no need to cut anything :laughing7:

Red, good idea, but too much work and potential mess to deal with later :laughing7:

DO you notice how your tree is laying in this photo??? Well, just leave it there and trim only the top and the sides of the tree. Lighting is a breeze when you don't have to run around the tree for days with stings of lights. Just stand over it and drop the lights down :thumbsup:

Do I have to do everything for you :tongue3:

Spartacus53, making your Christmas simple :thumbsup:
i never said i wuz very smert :laughing7:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gleaner1 said:
I remember as a young boy, my dad would take me and the whole fam dam to cut down the chrismas tree every year. We would all trod out in the deep snow in the tree grove, look at trees and somehow agree upon which one to cut. My mom usually had the last word. It was cheap back then five or maybe ten bucks for a good one (blue spruce). Dad cut ours, a crappy pine, then got a real beauty blue spruce for my aunty (my dad's sister). We get to her house, drag the thing in, we are all a bit excited. It was a surprise of sorts. The tree was a little big, anyway, she sees it and hates it and says something like "what the heck am I gonna do with that thing?". Well, my dad got a look on his face to beat the devil and grabbed the tree and dragged that friken thing all the way back through the house out the back door and threw it into the truck bed and left a hell of a mess in the house, all the needles and such. We got the hell out of there. My mom and my poor little sister were besides themselves, I was stupified, but I felt his pain. I dont remember much after that but man, it was just a frikin terrible scene. My grandmother did not know whether to crap or wind her watch. Anyway, my aunt put up a real gem of a tree that year, a fake one, the fake ones were up and coming back then, and not really seen as acceptable by purists, as may be seen today. I think that was the year I got the stupid electrical experiment kit instead of the metal detector that I so desperately wanted for christmas. I love chrismas. Most christmas dilemnas are easy. But not all of them.
thats about the same thing here.

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:
aa battery said:
gleaner1 said:
:blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
snakeyes said:
:blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:
aa battery said:
gleaner1 said:
:blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:

aa battery, you are the man. snakeyes, NNM is sounding a hell of a lot better than NNY these days.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I have Had 1 more beer than I should Have!!! The tree looks like I fits the Space It Is In!!!!! Chug And What About the Lights???? Chug urp Oops Don't plug it those lights Yet!!!!!

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
If anybody likes I will do a ten pic spread of how to properly cut, trim and mount a real Christmas tree. I will show how to mix sugar in water and pour it into the bowl at the base of the Chrismas tree stand, to keep it alive (the Christmas tree, not the Christmas tree stand, which is a robust steel item, or at least it used to be before they were made in China and bend like wet noodles they are so cheap and crappy sorry for the rant)

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
aa, just a suggestion, here, try not to take it out of the middle of the tree. :laughing9:

Merry Christmas

Ray

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use a table-top ceramic tree. I never have this problem.

Set the tree on the front porch.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmm.....I was thinking, "Might be easier to leave the tree in the ground and take you lights, gifts, and family to it." :laughing7:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great looking tree!
Well worth the effort to make it fit, just slow down and work on it a little at a time.
Hopefully you will be finished by midnight the 24th :icon_thumleft:

Post a pic of it when finished.
Merry Christmas!

GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions