What's new

help who has good flint

bsit1361

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
1,492
Reaction score
895
Golden Thread
0
Location
md
Anyone got a site that is trustworthy to buy good flint? thanks
 
Upvote 0
Ben,I put a box of rocks in the mail to you today.I hope most is usable,as I'm not a knapper.Most of it is white,but I did find a little that was blue/gray and black.A lot of it had small cracks in it and I tried to cull those pieces.I hope it works for you.The lady at the post office said she has never mailed a box of rocks!Let me know when you get it,and how it works. Lightman
 
Goat, Could you post a picture or pictures of this flint, would love to see it and maybe do some trading for a couple of pieces. I make arrows, arrowhead and turkey calls from wingbones.
 
try roymillerflintridge.com, check out his website. gary hardy has good material from time to time and mines his own flint as does miller. you can buy nice flintridge on ebay reasonable. if you can possibly go to the knap in on labor day weekend there will be tons of stuff for sale from rough material to many finished points. there will be probaly a couple hundred knappers from all over and material from all over the U.S. You can also go to the Nethers farm and dig your own for .50 a pound, the labor day event at the ridge is the biggest knap in anywhere and would be well worth your time and effort to attend. I have some nice flint ridge I could get rid of if you get back. Russ.
 
Thanks Russ I'll check it out.
 
I bought some wonderful flint on eBay. It costs more to ship than it did to buy. I think I paid $12 for a box the mailman did not like to bring :)

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom