What's new

Help With A Colonial Coin

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2012
Messages
1,215
Reaction score
3,806
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can someone ID this coin I found today? The date looks to be 1748, but I’m not sure.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1581372926.682081.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1581372939.781170.webp
 
Fourman's probably right if it's 28mm dia. If it's 24mm then it's a George II farthing. 1727-1760 CoinsGB - George II
 
Upvote 0
From the comparison to your fingers, I would say George II halfpenny. It's a nice one too!
 
Upvote 0
Bet you were happy to dig that largie!
 
Upvote 0
They aren't as easy to get as people think. Of all the places I have detected, only two sites have produced most of my early coppers.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
6
Views
826
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED What is it?
Replies
24
Views
2K
Replies
9
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom