✅ SOLVED Help with age of simple button.

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My place was granted in the early 1700's. Where my house sits was in cotton 100 yrs ago. I kept a deer block(salt) in the yard until a few years ago. I found this button in the depression where the deer had dug around the block. It has a dia. of 17.55mm/.6925in. I believe it to be brass, has a 15 point star burst on the front, the eye is broken and I can't tell if it was cast or soldered. Any info would be great! My neighbor is the last of the original family and I'll probably give it to her. Thanks ,Tony

Attachments

• button back.jpg
    button back.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 59
  • button.jpg
    button.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 41

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My place was granted in the early 1700's. Where my house sits was in cotton 100 yrs ago. I kept a deer block(salt) in the yard until a few years ago. I found this button in the depression where the deer had dug around the block. It has a dia. of 17.55mm/.6925in. I believe it to be brass, has a 15 point star burst on the front, the eye is broken and I can't tell if it was cast or soldered. Any info would be great! My neighbor is the last of the original family and I'll probably give it to her. Thanks ,Tony
late 1700's civilian button. nice find!

Upvote 5

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread