What's new

Help with an ID.

Pirate Hunter

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2008
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I have had this fossil for about 20 years(Gift). I was hoping someone here could give me an idea what it is and maybe what its worth if you have an idea. Thanks.

Thats a quarter for size reference.
 

Attachments

  • DSC00033.webp
    DSC00033.webp
    27.4 KB · Views: 521
  • DSC00034.webp
    DSC00034.webp
    41.6 KB · Views: 504
  • DSC00035.webp
    DSC00035.webp
    39.3 KB · Views: 505
This appears to be a fish in concretion from the Santana Formation, Cretaceous of Northeastern Brazil. It appears to be a decent example, reasonably well prepared.
 
Wow, I dont know anything about fossils, but that looks like a modern snakehead fish or grinnel. Very cool, thanks for sharing!
 
Nice Fossil, I agree with the Brazilian area.

Fossis................
 
Doesn't this appear to be a leg and foot?
what1.webp
what3.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom