What's new

Help with civil war relic ID please

7thcav

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 27, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
This iron object was discovered in a field with numerous civil war bullets, artillery shell fragments, fuses and uniform buttons. The cylinder is about 3 inches long , appears broken and has visible threading. Seems solid not hollow. Was curious if this is part of an artillery shell or cannon elevation screw? Numerous artillery relics were found in the general vicinity . Thank you very much for your thoughts
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8915.webp
    IMG_8915.webp
    2.4 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_8917.webp
    IMG_8917.webp
    2.3 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_8913.webp
    IMG_8913.webp
    2.3 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_8916.webp
    IMG_8916.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 71
If it were from the WW2 era ,(i know it's not BUT) then I'd say it was a ignitor from a artillery shell . other than that I'm stumped on it's I.D. !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom