HELP WITH GARMIN GPS 40 FROM 1994.

historyncoins1

Feb 8, 2015
NW IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I bought a Garmin GPS 40 at a pawn shop to use for treasure hunting and bottle diggin etc. I needed a cheap GPS because I am on a budget and I dont want to bang up my phone. Anyone know how to use this device or similar device? I know this product is from 1994/95 so im wondering how to setup/use and if it needs to be updated and how. I dont even know if the device is useful or obsolete. Please let me know if you have information pertaining to this GPS device thanks.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did they have a instruction manual with it ?

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
Just Google "Garmin GPS 40 manual" and you will see a link to a pdf download.

I used to have one years ago. Very basic, and don't leave it out in the sun. I doubt it's upgradeable. Probably still compatible with today's systems, but not sure.

Last edited:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one and still reme2mber bits of it. If you want to call me let me know ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread