What's new

Help With Horseshoe ID

gldnbrew

Full Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2013
Messages
154
Reaction score
172
Golden Thread
0
Location
The 1000 Islands, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and ATMax, 8.5 x 11, 5 x 8 & a Super Sniper - Pro-pointer.
Fisher F75 LTD, XP Deus - 11", Garrett AT and AT ZLINK pointer
Minelab equinox 900 - 11” and 6”
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Haven't been around in a while, been tied up with my research project on a battle of the War o 1812. I have found a few horseshoes and they seem to be later 19th century. The other day while I was out hunting I came across this horseshoe (attached photos) and need help in dating it. There does not seem to be a lot on dating of horseshoes on the web. The horseshoe has a 6 nail configuration and is flat and approx. 3/16 - 1/4 thick. Hope some can help or send me in the right direction to help ID it.

Keep up the hunting,
Paul

s IMG_0995.webpIMG_0997 crop.webp
 
it's called a half shoe...not really that old...designed to help a horse grow a normal foot plate when it has a natural low heel...we have horses but don't ever use that type..
 
Thanks or the quick response. I was hoping I could tie the horseshoe to the battle, since it was different than the others I have found. Does anyone have any sources on horseshoes for the early 1800's. All of the other shoes that I have found have calk's
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom