What's new

Help with ID

rls2040

Full Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2013
Messages
180
Reaction score
103
Golden Thread
0
I bought these on eBay because I wanted points,etc from different parts of the country,the seller gave no info other than found in USA, not much help. The only one I have a idea on is the first one,maybe a Savannah River? The other two look more like a blade to me,ground stems,the second one is unifaced,steep bevel on right side,very little work on back,predominately on stem.The third one is beveled on both sides on front,back is almost or is unifaced but has more work on back than second one.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet
 

Attachments

  • image-3301909154.webp
    image-3301909154.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 106
  • image-2213977593.webp
    image-2213977593.webp
    39.5 KB · Views: 97
  • image-3885116411.webp
    image-3885116411.webp
    33.5 KB · Views: 91
  • image-1455151040.webp
    image-1455151040.webp
    35.9 KB · Views: 96
  • image-1781080414.webp
    image-1781080414.webp
    40.9 KB · Views: 90
  • image-3743649868.webp
    image-3743649868.webp
    35 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 0
Hope you didnt pay much. Field grade on those or below
 
Look like north central things to me. Material reminds me of Burlington too.
 
Rock, I think you are right, I identified the smaller of the four as a Lamoka, middle archaic ,found in Northeastern states.Overstreet 12 th edition says it is called a Bradley Spike in the southeast.I see the similarity but Overstreet says a Bradley has a stem that contracts,as you see in the pic mine does not have a contracting stem...Thanks for your help, you seem to be the guy that almost always helps me first, I appreciate that a lot....Carl

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet
 

Attachments

  • image-3384627656.webp
    image-3384627656.webp
    35 KB · Views: 75
  • image-3029065076.webp
    image-3029065076.webp
    40.9 KB · Views: 69
My bad rock, I didn't even put a picture of the Lamoka because I thought I had it identified,and I paid $3 dollars each for these plus combined shipping. Here are the pics

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet
 

Attachments

  • image-3516618043.webp
    image-3516618043.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 64
  • image-698139401.webp
    image-698139401.webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 74
Oh by the way I love all of them and for three bucks field grade is ok with me as long it isn't broken or missing parts.....I may be dealing with a obsession,lol

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet
 
Quito, you are right, I didn't post a pic of the one of four that I think I have identified,a Lamoka found in Northeast...here are pics of it. If you think I am wrong please let me know,I am still learning and appreciate any help....Thanks,Carl

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet
 

Attachments

  • image-2937965711.webp
    image-2937965711.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 81
  • image-653798845.webp
    image-653798845.webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 82
Carl I think you got your monies worth and I think you are right on the type:thumbsup:
 
$3 is cheap enough for field grade. As long as the buyer is happy and the seller is happy its all good. I can tell you though it isnt a spike. Some knifes like what you have there has no given name. Kinda like finding a scraper. HH, rock
 
Thanks rock for letting me know not all knives have names,I think I thumbed thru Overstreet and I found nothing that looked like the knives,some close but each possibility had at least one major identifier that was different. Overstreet makes quite a few misleading references,especially in the list they put that says"also see whatever. No way was it a Bradley spike,they have rounded stem..thanks again for your input,Carl

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet
 
There are other types of spikes. I got some ugos that are spikes. Here is a couple of them. Heck the 1 is crooked.
 

Attachments

  • 100_3274.webp
    100_3274.webp
    104.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 100_3280.webp
    100_3280.webp
    117.8 KB · Views: 69
Hey rock, best I can determine all of the points/knives are from Lamoka Culture 3500-2500 BC,Northeast US,no specfic names so I am just recording them all as Lamoka Culture...Carl

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom