What's new

Help with identity

somehiker

Silver Member
Joined
May 1, 2007
Messages
4,388
Reaction score
6,443
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've posted a couple of pics of what appears to be a sidearm holster/stock made of wood in my albums over at Thelostdutchmangoldmine site.Look in somehikers pics in the album with the white cross on page three.It has suffered some damage from falling rock more recently I believe,and the broken off bits of it are probably amongst the rocks somewhere below.It is hollowed out and appears to have had a hinged butt plate,although the hinge is probably with the missing plate?
So far I have eliminated detachable stocks for both "mauser" and "luger" types.
The notebook under it is 9 1/2 wide by 12 1/4 long.
Found in a canyon east of Phoenix.
Also,how can I downsize photo files in order to post them on sites that restrict their size as this one does.I bought a 12mp kodak and the files are huge.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Regards---SH
 
S.H.,

Somewhere in my dim memories, there is something that was mentioned or written about this subject.....related to the Superstitions. I will look through some of my older stuff.

Take care,

Joe
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom