What's new

Help with marking on huge sculpture

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thing is huge it's 3 ft long and weighs 15 pds.......I found a mark when I took it of cross but can't figure it out......I'm not sure what it is made of either it is not magnetic......lead maybe?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0199.webp
    IMG_0199.webp
    427.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0200.webp
    IMG_0200.webp
    459.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0201.webp
    IMG_0201.webp
    217.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0202.webp
    IMG_0202.webp
    143.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0196.webp
    IMG_0196.webp
    301.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0194.webp
    IMG_0194.webp
    389.7 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0204.webp
    IMG_0204.webp
    552.7 KB · Views: 91
Search eBay for 'Spelter Crucifix'. You'll see plenty of similar examples. I didn't see any as large as yours.

I'm guessing 1930's to 60's for your piece.

I believe the mystery mark is a poorly cast number 5.
 
Upvote 0
Those feet need some work lol
 
Upvote 0
probably made of bronze? hard to tell from picks.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom