What's new

✅ SOLVED Help with possible cable pulller

cellerfeller

Full Member
Joined
May 15, 2019
Messages
118
Reaction score
288
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked this up in a box of old tools - fellow said it was a linesman's cable puller but I can't find any information out about it. Can anyone confirm it such a tool? Is it possible to find some information about this patent date? Thanks for your help. It is 6 1/2" long and 3" across the widest end part. Ring looks to be hand forged.
 

Attachments

  • antique cable puller 001.webp
    antique cable puller 001.webp
    578.9 KB · Views: 93
  • antique cable puller 002.webp
    antique cable puller 002.webp
    694.6 KB · Views: 96
  • antique cable puller 004.webp
    antique cable puller 004.webp
    754.4 KB · Views: 82
download.webpit's a barb wire fence stretcher.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Used by ranchers to stretch barbed wire.
 
Upvote 0
When I saw your post cf, my first thought was, "that looks very familiar"? :icon_scratch:

But when ticndig identified it, I realized that wasn't what I was thinking at all! :laughing7:

Dave
 
Upvote 0
View attachment 1846790it's a barb wire fence stretcher.

I looked online for a few minutes yesterday to see if I could locate the patent.
I didn't find it.

But now, looking at ticndig's photo, I think I may have passed by a good candidate (not realizing there was a pole attached).
Regardless, nothing stood out as being a "That's it!" hit.
And I was curious why the "A" in "May" appears to be missing. That's weird.
Did they just forget to tool that? Did it fall off? (Was it ever even there?) :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
I'd say the tool was cast in a sand mold that had for some reason was missing the A in may .
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom