What's new

Help with shot gun barrel

doublet2a

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2007
Messages
1,281
Reaction score
306
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lindsay, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite 5", 8" & 10" coils. EXP II 8" & 10" coils with inline Sunray pin pointer. AT Pro 8" & 10" Coils, Equinox 600 10" and 5" coils.
I know it's not that old, but still cool to find ;D
Bore seems to measure 11/16", Some suggested maybe Mosberg??
I had a Remington with interchangeable barrels many years ago,
and this looks very similar.. Cam find any markings on it,
but then again I'm not sure where to look :dontknow: :help: :dontknow:
Thanks for any info and help ;D

Tim
 

Attachments

  • 002_6.webp
    002_6.webp
    4.1 KB · Views: 954
  • 012.webp
    012.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 965
  • 013_2.webp
    013_2.webp
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,006
  • 014.webp
    014.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,065
Opp's
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a Mossberg model 500 to me, I sold mine about two years ago. You may be able to find some engraving on the end closet to the stock, maybe 3-5 inches from the end.
 
Upvote 0
Ditto, any writing should be on the breech end. Interesting find. That would be a fairly expensive barrel what with it being ribbed and all. Monty
 
Upvote 0
RJH02 got it, I think. It does appear to be a barrel for a 12 gauge Mossberg 500. Toward the breech end there should be markings up near the rib. Pretty neat find, seems like it would be hard to lose........
 

Attachments

  • 500bbl.webp
    500bbl.webp
    1.5 KB · Views: 798
Upvote 0
NOLA_Ken said:
RJH02 got it, I think. It does appear to be a barrel for a 12 gauge Mossberg 500. Toward the breech end there should be markings up near the rib. Pretty neat find, seems like it would be hard to lose........

Unless you wanted to..... :wink:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom