CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an interesting piece...I can't make out the signature from the photo, however.

Upvote 0

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't help much with the signature but if you do a search on "Romblast" you'll see other examples and a few artists names.

Upvote 0

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't help much with the signature but if you do a search on "Romblast" you'll see other examples and a few artists names.

The interesting part of this one is that it is cast bronze piece and glass, rather than the metal leaf on glass or reducing color variants typically associated with "romblast"

Upvote 0

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The interesting part of this one is that it is cast bronze piece and glass, rather than the metal leaf on glass or reducing color variants typically associated with "romblast"

Hey, it looks like other examples of romblast to me. But I wouldn't know a romblast from a bomblast. I just look up stuff on the internet to the best of my ability and report it here. Because, you know, if you can find it on the internet it must be true.

Upvote 0

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, it looks like other examples of romblast to me. But I wouldn't know a romblast from a bomblast. I just look up stuff on the internet to the best of my ability and report it here. Because, you know, if you can find it on the internet it must be true.

I would agree it is for sure that style, though it is rarely done with cast bronze. Was just commenting that it was this that stood out to me about this piece. Often the metal is mimicked by a glass color that is reduced, applying leaf to either the hot glass or after the hot process, or electroplated. The metal being cast is more rare just because of the obvious difficulty and extended process added, so you just see less of it. EDIT also forgot to add romblast is a company that does alot of this metal and glass combination. this piece may or may not be from there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread