What's new

Help with this button

gunner512

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 25, 2011
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Found in a school yard i hope the pic is good enough
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20110405_140354.webp
    IMG_20110405_140354.webp
    157.5 KB · Views: 250
Dig em all said:
Its a navel button made by the Scoville Manufacuring CO. in Waterbury Ct.http://www.relicman.com/buttons/zBackmarkScovillMfg.htm
This button was made by many different companies probably since the late 1800's. Waterbury makes this button today. Its absolutely NOT a Navy button. But I see you said "navel." I am not familiar with the term. Its a very common civilian fashion blazer button made in a navy motiff to resemble navy.

It is in no way connected to the US Navy or the Civil War era US Navy button link posted by Dig. I didnt look but I seriously doubt that relicman has this button for sale on their website. I even found one in my backyard under a clothesline of a house built in the 50's.
 

Attachments

  • button ring found.webp
    button ring found.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 222
  • button ring found.webp
    button ring found.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 213
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Dig em all said:
Its a navel button made by the Scoville Manufacuring CO. in Waterbury Ct.http://www.relicman.com/buttons/zBackmarkScovillMfg.htm
This button was made by many different companies probably since the late 1800's. Waterbury makes this button today. Its absolutely NOT a Navy button. But I see you said "navel." I am not familiar with the term. Its a very common civilian fashion blazer button made in a navy motiff to resemble navy.

It is in no way connected to the US Navy or the Civil War era US Navy button link posted by Dig. I didnt look but I seriously doubt that relicman has this button for sale on their website. I even found one in my backyard under a clothesline of a house built in the 50's.

:icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
So you think maybe it fell off Thurston Howell, III's Yacht Club blazer on the way to the S.S. Minnow?
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom