What's new

Help!!!!!

digger247

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 3, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hi All,

Can anyone help me out with this one......don't really know anything about this...not even what it is made of....but I am hoping someone will be able to shed a little light on it for me!! This has been in our family for about 40 years and was dug up in Leicestershire.....don't really know much more than that but would really like to find out......looks sort of bronze/brass - ish.....any help or ideas welcome.....cheers

Pete
 

Attachments

  • Pot1.webp
    Pot1.webp
    82.3 KB · Views: 430
  • pot2.webp
    pot2.webp
    64.6 KB · Views: 420
  • pot3.webp
    pot3.webp
    61 KB · Views: 432
  • pot4.webp
    pot4.webp
    58.6 KB · Views: 426
  • Pot1.webp
    Pot1.webp
    82.3 KB · Views: 399
  • pot2.webp
    pot2.webp
    64.6 KB · Views: 413
  • pot3.webp
    pot3.webp
    61 KB · Views: 412
  • pot4.webp
    pot4.webp
    58.6 KB · Views: 416
Looks like half hard Copper to me from the photo ! If you can find any data on the piece post that as it will help.
And it could be something that was homemade and that would make it hard to ID.
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to Tnet :hello:


Looks copper in the picture & seems to copy an older style, but my gut says 20th C :dontknow: Better pictures could help someone, but pots are not really my thing :-\
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to T-Net digger247. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Copper is a vessel of Carthaginian or a fake .... I say this type of decoration and reresentan animals, the Carthaginians were the only ones who used elephants. all animals are Africans and Carthaginians were African.
But it could be a fake.
H
 
Upvote 0
Just under the elephant right front foot I see something....."Dot com".


Just kidding I hope you have a real relic there, but I havent a clue.
 
Upvote 0
I think it's India export metal work, tourist item HH :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee
 
Upvote 0
hand hammered hand engraved. Do not clean it . I suspect modern yet it could be old.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom