Help!!

Boldboulder

Jun 29, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I took rocks from this lake (I think lake Mohave) and later found out I think it might be a state park and I?m not sure what to do with the rocks now.. also is their Native American history there? I don?t think I can go and put them back but I?m worried about taking rocks I shouldn?t have.. any suggestions?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I took rocks from this lake (I think lake Mohave) and later found out I think it might be a state park and I?m not sure what to do with the rocks now.. also is their Native American history there? I don?t think I can go and put them back but I?m worried about taking rocks I shouldn?t have.. any suggestions?

Simple solution?...keep 'em, and don't do it again. :icon_thumleft:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Save the rocks ! if these guys show up, throw them at them ! :laughing7:
attachment.php

or beg for mercy :tongue3:

2Q==

seriously though , #1 is it in black and white in their rules , don't take rocks ?
#2 don't brag about it.
#3. Have a Coffee or Whatever & relax ! I think this world has allot of issues bigger then rocks missing from a lake.
are they serial Numbered or have a return address on them ? :tongue3:

welcome to TreasureNet :coffee2:

of course if you are really that paranoid , mail them back with an apology :laughing9:
they may actually enjoy that laugh and story at lunch.

of course if these were the type of rocks .... Good Luck !

Truck-Full-Of-Rocks.jpg

Attachments

• 000aaa.jpg
    000aaa.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet! I wouldn't worry about it. Start you a rock garden. If you feel the need, go online check the regulations. If it is a Army corps, or state park there will be rules for each area or campground.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Dizzydigger and Jeff of Pa. Just keep them in your yard, and don't do it again. I really don't think they are going to seek you out for arrest, but in the future if you were to take more, your timing could be real bad if there was an officer in the area. At that point, you could be in trouble.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just a word of advice,I just PM,ed a fellow member about a post and pic he made which could land him in a bunch of trouble if seen by the wrong people.Be a little discreet about what you post here.i don,t think any one,s gonna be knocking on your door but keep in mind we live in a surveillance state now and the Feds especially don,t care if you didn,t know you couldn,t do that,whatever it was.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't stress over it, you're ok, I haven't seen any pictures of rocks on milk cartons in the last few days. But figure out where you actually were and check the regs for that area. Now if you went out and loaded up a truck load of rocks you do have some problems. Welcome to Tnet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions