Henry Rifle Bullet And More

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got back to my new spot today and it didn’t disappoint. Actually found one mini lying on top of the ground. Also found this bullet that I think could be a Henry Rifle bullet. The black powder caused the casing to rot, but I did recover both halves. What are your thoughts on this bullet?
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1547254807.160407.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1547254823.800986.jpg

Upvote 15
What makes it Henry bullet?

Last edited:
It's a rim fire, can't really tell the size, but I would say a very good chance.

Henry was chambered in the .44 and the .45 Colt,look's like compared to the .58's it's pretty damn close to a .44......Nice dig :icon_thumleft:

I concur it is most likely a Henry. That's a nice find.

I still dont know why it maybe came from a Henry, didnt many manufactures make rimfire cartridges/rifles?

I still dont know why it maybe came from a Henry, didnt many manufactures make rimfire cartridges/rifles?

I guess it could be something else, but several others here seem to think it’s a Henry as well. What do you think it is?

I guess it could be something else, but several others here seem to think it’s a Henry as well. What do you think it is?

Just another rimfire case and bullet.

If you knew the men fighting in that area were using Henry's, or Winchester's or whatever then I could see the relationship back to Henry.

I'm not trying to create an issue, I thought there was a link back to Henry I didnt know about. And maybe there is, you never know unless you ask :icon_thumright:

Look and see of the is an "H" stamped in the center. That would be a good sign. It wouldn't be a Winchester if it's Civil War time period. Winchester's first gun didn't come out until 1866. Gary

Look and see of the is an "H" stamped in the center. That would be a good sign. It wouldn't be a Winchester if it's Civil War time period. Winchester's first gun didn't come out until 1866. Gary

I found this online Todd, apparently the earliest Henry’s didn’t have the H stamp on the base. My bullet doesn’t have that stamp either.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1547299701.423093.jpg

Nice handful of finds. Congrats

Last edited:
very cool no matter what

Congratualtions on the CW relics! :occasion14:

Very nice finds sir. Sure looks like a Henry to me.

Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back