What's new

Herds of Buffalos

Dozer D

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2012
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
3,083
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
Finally getting into my Buffalos to see what I have. In total, a little over 1900 buffs, (240 are acid processed, 40 no date & not processed, ) the balance are all readable dates & mm, some good & some not so good but still readable.
As I get further into them I'll post what I have, until then, let the stampede begin. Have to remember, that most of these were pulled from circulation in the mid 60s-80s,many have not seen the light of day until now. Back then, the herds were roaming freely & home home on the range.
 
Upvote 0
With such a good sample size, this seems to be a nice opportunity to reach some conclusions about common dates and dates more scarce than expected from their mintages, etc. I hope you can post your results here!
 
There are statistics that could be used to assess the significance of the deviation of observed results from the expected numbers based upon mintages. But the assumptions of those analyses are many - equal probability of losses and removals from the population due to collectors and time in circulation, differential hoarding, economic variation, for example. I'm not suggesting doing these statistics, but look forward to seeing the raw numbers and using our own opinions about how some of the dates appear to be more or less scarce considering the published numbers minted - and why that may be.
 
Rookie. I have one. Better luck to you in the future. LOL
 
Almost every one I find has the date worn off.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom