Here are some of my finds so far

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
The drill at the top center is my best find. The two items at the bottom are hematite that the natives scraped to make their red paint. The are nicely faceted on all sides and still show the fine scratches from all those years ago. The others are various Ft. Ancient points and brokes and also some preforms that may have been rejected during the manufacturing process. The item in the center is a small core that is of a very fine quality brownish/orange flint. Oh! And a nice thumb scraper on the upper right hand corner.

Let me know if you want to see some closeups of any of these items.

HH

Attachments

• collection.JPG
    collection.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 220
Upvote 0
MEinWV said:
The drill at the top center is my best find. The two items at the bottom are hematite that the natives scraped to make their red paint. The are nicely faceted on all sides and still show the fine scratches from all those years ago. The others are various Ft. Ancient points and brokes and also some preforms that may have been rejected during the manufacturing process. The item in the center is a small core that is of a very fine quality brownish/orange flint. Oh! And a nice thumb scraper on the upper right hand corner.

Let me know if you want to see some closeups of any of these items.

HH
Looks like you are off to a great start.I like that space shuutle,I mean drill. Thanks for showing.
sixgun

Right on nice finds, i gotta get down that way my uncle owns over 200 acres in Jackson county WV. :thumbsup:

Nice finds HH, but I doubt that piece is actually a Drill. It looks more like a highly resharpened Pine Tree point to me.

Thanks people!

Hey Dorkfish, I thought it was a well used spear point myself, but most folks say it's a drill. I suppose it could have started out as a point and then ended its life as a drill. Hard tellin' not knowin' ! Finding it right on the riverbank I figured maybe it was used for spearing fish.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back