What's new

Here is a TIP some may need and like

Gare

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2012
Messages
13,421
Reaction score
30,267
Golden Thread
0
Location
Canton Ohio Area
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A fw years ago i bought a bunch of colored tape rolls of all different colors. I put it on my coil stems, My controllers, My head phones and my pin pointers. So now when i go detecting I just make sure i am using all one color, This works great if i am at a group treasure hunt or just keeping my own items separated. Nothing worse then getting out in a place and finding out your equipment is not paired up. A few years ago i lost a want pictures i will take some and show you what i am referring to
detector at a planned hint. Someone walked off with miny detector.
 
A fw years ago i bought a bunch of colored tape rolls of all different colors. I put it on my coil stems, My controllers, My head phones and my pin pointers. So now when i go detecting I just make sure i am using all one color, This works great if i am at a group treasure hunt or just keeping my own items separated. Nothing worse then getting out in a place and finding out your equipment is not paired up. A few years ago i lost a want pictures i will take some and show you what i am referring to
detector at a planned hint. Someone walked off with miny detector.
I painted my gold container that I have in my pocket when detecting bright flouro pink. I once dropped one that was white and it took over an hour to retrace my steps to find it. So I got various colours and put them on containers then set them up a hundred or so meters away. The pink stood out like crazy. So pink it is. There are no pink flowers in the goldfields I hunt, nothing pink at all. Bright red was good but certain times of year we do get red bush flowers. Forget yellow, in wattle season the bush is a sea of it.
 
A fw years ago i bought a bunch of colored tape rolls of all different colors. I put it on my coil stems, My controllers, My head phones and my pin pointers. So now when i go detecting I just make sure i am using all one color, This works great if i am at a group treasure hunt or just keeping my own items separated. Nothing worse then getting out in a place and finding out your equipment is not paired up. A few years ago i lost a want pictures i will take some and show you what i am referring to
detector at a planned hint. Someone walked off with miny detector.
You know this could help also with marking your pole when extending it to hunt, some of my poles have markings but are hard to see and some don’t…. But a bright yellow piece of tape would be nice
 
You know this could help also with marking your pole when extending it to hunt, some of my poles have markings but are hard to see and some don’t…. But a bright yellow piece of tape would be nice
I have considered this as well, but the tape would need to be really thin to prevent hanging up when extending and retracting the detector shaft. I would just mark it with a sharpie, but black on black doesn't really show up very well.
 
Here is some of the tape i use
Tape1.webp
 
Here is how i use it on my detecting equipment, This picture is only some of my Deus 2 equipment
Detectors1.webp
 
Here is another tip i use a lot. If i am hunting with someone and i want them to check out a target. How do you mark the spot ?


Here is how i do it I carry plastic poker chips in my pouches and then i just drop one over the spot and call or get the people i am detecting with over
Chips2.webp
Chips.webp
 
I hope you like these ideas .
 
I put white tape on my black detector because I'm afraid someone will call the police on me when I'm back in the brush. I'm worried they will think my detector is a gun.
 
One more tip. If you do not want to buy or get poker chips you can make your own out of the white flexible sealing lids that you can get at any grocery store
 
Now if you want to make your own markers here is an idea you can try

Take a lid and makes the cuts as big as you want

Tops1.webp
Tops2.webp
 
Just so you all know. I got this lid out of the trash to take the picture
 
Just so you all know. I got this lid out of the trash to take the picture
Well, you know what they say, one man's trash is another man's treasure.
 
I have used BRIGHT colored tape when detecting down in some woods, tying tape around a base tree as I wandered around detecting with head down, tied tape to a knapsack as well hanging near the tree, AND, tied tape to the detector in the event you lean it up against a tree you can find it if you should move away a bit to check something out or answer the call of nature.
 
Here is another tip i use a lot. If i am hunting with someone and i want them to check out a target. How do you mark the spot ?


Here is how i do it I carry plastic poker chips in my pouches and then i just drop one over the spot and call or get the people i am detecting with over
Hi Gare. Nice ideas,. To mark a nice target I use golf T's.
 
Important when using golf tees do NOT PRESS them FAR DOWN INTO THE GROUND LOL
 
I do carry 2 or 3
 
Import NOTE If marking targets with snow on the ground. I would SUGGEST not to use WHITE MARKERS !!!!

HEHEHEHEHE this was just a little ribbing


h
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom