Here is an Idea I use some times.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I built a 1 11/4 inch PVC sled. Then i mount one of 11 x 13 inch coils on it with a piece of plexiglass on the sled and mount the 11 x 13 coil to it so it stays close to the ground. Then i drag it behind one of my polaris rangers across the fields looking for iron signals where a old home site might have been. I have my controller in my cab and also wearing a set of head phones. When i hear iron tones I get out and StART swinging another machine to find targets. THIS Saves me a lot of walking. AT my age i get tired some times. Let me say this When starting to try this I got a good signal gout out and dug a pull tab at about 7 inches deep. I do drive slow and you can also look for arrow heads at the same time. If you try this please let us know your results

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
... jet sled is a brand of hard plastic ice fishing/hunting sled that are tough tough and pull easy by hand or a side by side unit.
I want one that’s 30 feet wide so can farm out some country..

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Fat you JUST WAIT !!!! This summer i will bring one of my rigs out and SHOW YOU !!! LOL I am REALLY looking forward to this.
But I WILL NOT go COYOTE hunting out of a AIR PLANE with you :) LOL

Reactions: Fat

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I built a 1 11/4 inch PVC sled. Then i mount one of 11 x 13 inch coils on it with a piece of plexiglass on the sled and mount the 11 x 13 coil to it so it stays close to the ground. Then i drag it behind one of my polaris rangers across the fields looking for iron signals where a old home site might have been. I have my controller in my cab and also wearing a set of head phones. When i hear iron tones I get out and StART swinging another machine to find targets. THIS Saves me a lot of walking. AT my age i get tired some times. Let me say this When starting to try this I got a good signal gout out and dug a pull tab at about 7 inches deep. I do drive slow and you can also look for arrow heads at the same time. If you try this please let us know your results
I've been thinking along the same. I use a Himimway Ebike. I want to tow my deus 11 coil behind at a slow speed with head phones on.

OP
OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been thinking along the same. I use a Himimway Ebike. I want to tow my deus 11 coil behind at a slow speed with head phones on.
I built a sled out of pvc pipe. i would pull the 11x13 inch coil i even found a pull tab at 7 inches deep It worked good

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how fast do you go? I know I seldom do under 30mph unless the trail is rough. My coil would be at the bottom of a cliff
20190407_132620.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread