Heres a few things to look at

jbl04410

Feb 11, 2007
Hermon,Maine
Detector(s) used
My eagle eyes
100_1075.jpg

Heres a darn near complete point archaic it's fairly large and the second one I've found on this rock beach.Talk about a needle in a haystack.....Sebasticook lake in maine.
100_1067.jpg

Small feeder stream off the Mississippi in Illinois I hadnt visited Illinois in 5 years.I bet I hadnt walked down this stream 10 minutes when I found this point.
100_1066.jpg

It stood out pretty nicely.I had to use bottled water that i was carrying to melt it free as it was stuck to the other rocks by an early morning november frost.
100_1046.jpg

Illinois plummet
100_1014.jpg

Heres about as far apart as it gets Paleo point to birdpoint both illinois surface finds the paleo piece in a stream the birdpoint in a field which I witnessed.
100_0986.jpg

Heres a couple different views of a nice axe head.
100_0987.jpg

100_0983.jpg

I got to see this beauty while I was sitting in a tavern in Oquawka,Ill.God I love Illinois.The gentleman who found it told me he had it checked out by the university and they told him it was a ceremonial axe.Which sounded reasonable to me as it was so large and had such a nice polished surface.
100_1218.jpg

Heres a couple pictures of what Im going to call an adze.Im not sure if that is what it is but Im open for suggestions.
100_1216.jpg

Thanks for looking

Upvote 0

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
W :o W!! That 1st picture nearly floored me. Now, I'm drooling...I want to see a better pic of the hanging display...love the way you have it designed. You have some awesome finds! ;D

;) RR

OP
OP
J

jbl04410

Feb 11, 2007
Hermon,Maine
Detector(s) used
My eagle eyes
My my Mr.River rat what sharp eyes you have.I would really love to be able to take credit for that display.But it isnt mine it comes from a collection in Illinois.I couldnt resist posting that pic as its such a perfect piece.I will be posting some pics later that will make you drool.This collection is an accumulation of over 100 years of walking by two guys one no longer with us.The latter of the two used to sell arrowheads for a dime and axe-heads for a quarter until he was able to find more of a lucrative employment.The collection is better than anything Ive ever seen.It has over 100 axe heads.It has never been appraised and when people talk to him about its worth they lose him.Its all about the memories.That impresses me cause that is what its all about.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
River Rat said:
W :o W!! That 1st picture nearly floored me. Now, I'm drooling...I want to see a better pic of the hanging display...love the way you have it designed. You have some awesome finds! ;D

;) RR

RR, I was going to say the same thing about the display.

Jb, nice story about the gentleman who found them, worth is all in the eyes of the beholder, worth more to the heart than the pocket any day!

Your finds are absolutely beautiful, nice way to tell us the story behind them. Great job.

P.S. It's Mrs. R R. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread