Relic Hunting

Attachments

• silversc.jpg
    silversc.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,797
Upvote 0
Re: Here's a pic of a silver SC I found recently

PEles said:
Our lowcountry's sandy soil kept it looking pretty good even after 150 yrs in the ground.
Of course it has been cleaned, it didn't quite look this nice right out the ground, in case enquiring minds need to know :laughing7:
LP

wow that's awesome :headbang: :headbang:

WOW. That is beautiful. Great save. Congrats.

That the one you dug on the last video without the shank? That thing cleaned up awesome!

mustang8780 said:
That the one you dug on the last video without the shank? That thing cleaned up awesome!
Yep that's the one, thanks!

Looks like a banner button to me! Nice find!

Your finds are always amazing! No lie, last year I was defending your digs against a naysayer here on the forums, and the guy pm'ed me back and said "if his relics are dug, Im the Easter Bunny"... Good thing Halloween is right around the corner :thumbsup:

umrgolf said:
Your finds are always amazing! No lie, last year I was defending your digs against a naysayer here on the forums, and the guy pm'ed me back and said "if his relics are dug, Im the Easter Bunny"... Good thing Halloween is right around the corner :thumbsup:
Hey bud,

thanks , I don't understand why there's some on here that think I don't dig my relics? Hell I've been doing it down here for 25 yrs. I guess it must be the condition but as you know other than with the exeption of florida the lowcountry of South Carolina has the prettiest dug relics in the country. I dug a navy cuff the other week that looks nondug. You can tell from the back the shank is gone and a little crusty where the shank was but the front is 100 % gilted. The guy may as well get him an easter bunny costume and wear it with pride, cause this old boy be diggin all his relics :laughing7:

LP

umrgolf said:
"if his relics are dug, Im the Easter Bunny"... :o are you sayin' .. there isn't an Easter bunny :icon_scratch: ahhhh :-\ anyway Great condition SC button ... very nice :thumbsup:

CMDiamonddawg said:
umrgolf said:
"if his relics are dug, Im the Easter Bunny"... :o are you sayin' .. there isn't an Easter bunny :icon_scratch: ahhhh :-\ anyway Great condition SC button ... very nice :thumbsup:

Lol im sayin that pm was laughable.. You see it regularly, people thinking relics that come out with different patinas and conditions than their soil allows must not be dug.. The facts are the facts. SC sand is nice to relics

So yes there is an Easter Bunny

TNET-NAYSAYER.png

"GUESS THEY'RE DUG"

umrgolf said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
umrgolf said:

Lol im sayin that pm was laughable.. You see it regularly, people thinking relics that come out with different patinas and conditions than their soil allows must not be dug.. The facts are the facts. SC sand is nice to relics

yeah there is an easter bunny and here's that navy button I dug recently. If he doesnt believe in the easter bunny check out this video and he'll see it for himself. I have other videos and it shows the SC button right out the ground. I hate to burst anyones bubble but the SC lowcountry has some beautiful relics and what I post I dug :tongue3: ,thanks for taking up for me I appreciate it .
LP

Attachments

• navyc.jpg
    navyc.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,232
  • navyb.jpg
    navyb.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,238

PEles said:
CMDiamonddawg said:
umrgolf said:

yeah there is an easter bunny and here's that navy button I dug recently. If he doesnt believe in the easter bunny check out this video and he'll see it for himself. I have other videos and it shows the SC button right out the ground. I hate to burst anyones bubble but the SC lowcountry has some beautiful relics and what I post I dug :tongue3: ,thanks for taking up for me I appreciate it .
LP

yep, I saw both of those videos and I dug a bunch of stuff in SC near the charleston area while i was in school.. i know how they come out so its easy to stand behind your finds :icon_thumleft:

I can back up your finds as well Pete. I lived in Goose Creek for years and found relics in the same condition and my parents live up the road in Darlington-Florence and I dig out pristine relics fro up that way too...its just as sandy and nice up that way as down near Charleston, Secessionville and Battery Wagner. UMRGolf is my friend and old digging partner and He'll tell you even here in Eastern Virginia the soil is real sandy and many of the buttons come out in near perfect conditon as well...its the coastal plains where you find those good soils from down your way up to here in Virginia.

Anyway great digs and another terrific button my friend :occasion14:

{Sentinel} said:
I can back up your finds as well Pete. I lived in Goose Creek for years and found relics in the same condition and my parents live up the road in Darlington-Florence and I dig out pristine relics fro up that way too...its just as sandy and nice up that way as down near Charleston, Secessionville and Battery Wagner. UMRGolf is my friend and old digging partner and He'll tell you even here in Eastern Virginia the soil is real sandy and many of the buttons come out in near perfect conditon as well...its the coastal plains where you find those good soils from down your way up to ere in Virginia.

Anyway great digs and another terrific button my friend :occasion14:

Thanks bud appreciate it :thumbsup:

Man those are beauts! Do you use Aluminum Jelly? Great stuff as usual :headbang:

SouthJerseyJim said:
Man those are beauts! Do you use Aluminum Jelly? Great stuff as usual :headbang:
Thanks yes I do, aluminum jelly used properly is great stuff.

its amazing how well things can survive in the ground!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back