GioTheGreek
Bronze Member
- #1
Thread Owner
Here's a very interesting colonial "coin". I couldn't post it in today's finds. 
A buddy of mine found this recently. I thought you guys would appreciate it.
"FOUND A SHIP. BOARD AT CHATHAM. MAY 15, 1743"
"Ann Gardner, May the 8, 1764"
I think that the woman who took this voyage from Chatham, England and settled in Canada engraved this. That's what I get from the first side of the coin. Seeing as the other side of the coin has her name and a later date, I'm making another assumption here that it was her husband who engraved it and holed it for wear, after her death.. Unless she holed it originally during the voyage? "Ann Gardner, May the 8..." Spooky!
What do you guys make of it? Pretty cool, eh!?

A buddy of mine found this recently. I thought you guys would appreciate it.
"FOUND A SHIP. BOARD AT CHATHAM. MAY 15, 1743"
"Ann Gardner, May the 8, 1764"
I think that the woman who took this voyage from Chatham, England and settled in Canada engraved this. That's what I get from the first side of the coin. Seeing as the other side of the coin has her name and a later date, I'm making another assumption here that it was her husband who engraved it and holed it for wear, after her death.. Unless she holed it originally during the voyage? "Ann Gardner, May the 8..." Spooky!
What do you guys make of it? Pretty cool, eh!?
.. make him do all the work!







