Here's My Latest Piece Of Equipment That I Got Earlier This Week!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Retirement is getting closer, and every man needs a hobby to keep busy! A local guy builds all sorts of prospecting equipment, so earlier this week, I purchased a kit and assembled during the last 3 days.

I had some clad cash saved from the past many years, and want to increase my gold this year. Luckily, there is flour gold in a river running through downtown Edmonton, and have nugget producing steams several hours away. On days where I want peace and quiet, I set up my rocker and look for flour gold. The MAX I use in Edmonton.....I run it as unstable as possible so it will growl more in areas with higher iron black sands. Then I set up my rocker or (new) sluice in those areas, as golds is also heavy and also hides in these same areas.. I have been using a rocker for years, and figured a high banker is in order!

So, with a little luck, a little skill, I can do some nugget shooting using a small coil with the MAX in the right creeks, and pull in some flour gold at home.

HIGHBANKER2.jpg

Here's the unit assembled.....still need to get a pump.

]
KiyYVg.jpg

Here's my setup for flour gold. The highbanker is 4" x 10" and the sliuce is 8." Each will use different types of matting and riffle systems to capture as much as that fine stuff as possible. The unit cost me about $400.00 with the matting.

Below is some of the flour gold I have found in the last 25 years.

flour gold.jpg

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like fun and with a great machine