• me dolphin.jpg
    me dolphin.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 1,348

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Re: Here's my second love

who's that lovely girl next to you? first time I caught a dolphin(the fish not the mammal) I was amazed to see so many colors on a fish! they are almost too pretty to eat! 8)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice Fish "D" , Thanks for Posting the PIC

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

She was long and skinny,weighed in at 34lbs.at 46 inches.Still tasted um-um good. ;) :) :D

R

rvbvetter

Cameras fine. Needed shorter fish. Nice catch!!

lakillian

Dec 29, 2006
Winfield, WV
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Prism V, Ace 250

Nice to put a face to such a kind person! You are lot of help thank you! Very nice fish! I want to catch one of those someday.

Thanks again!

Lori

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ummm dolphin, I haven`t had any fresh mahi since i left the outer banks and sold my boats.

How do u cook yours, i use to marinade mine in thousand islands dressing for 3-4 hours then grill it and as soon as it was done put it back in the marinade for 1-2 mins, did my tuna the same way. If you can find u any mesqute(sp) wood chips toss a few in your grill while your grilling them, UMMMMMM lip smacking good. If you use the mesqute(sp) chips don`t dump them back in the marinade after grilling.

They are one beautiful fish in the water, loved finding floatsom hooking one leaving him on then others would school up on him, nice way to get your fill real fast, and a blast on light tackle.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I see you found an old mug shot! I have a newer one on here,just don't have a fish to go with it. :) Also sounds like your familiar with the techniques used for dolphin. ;) They are beautiful when they're still alive, aren't they? I cook mine the same way except I marinate mine in Italian dressing.I have also used mesquite chips before too.I missed last season,but i'll be out there this season time permitting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread