What's new

Hey Can Someone Help me?

NicktheMainer

Full Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2011
Messages
135
Reaction score
26
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got this email and I want to know if this is some type of spam or ripoff and if anybody else has ever got it?

Caz Rosson caz@sharpentertainment.com

Hello Metal Detector!

I saw your detecting clips on youtube; very cool. I'm writing to you from Sharp Entertainment; we're one of the largest production companies here in NYC. We're currently developing a project around metal detecting, and I was wondering if you had a moment to chat?
 
Tell them to stuff it. All they'll do is twist your words around, even if theyre legit. They wont be out to make you look good theyll be out to make themselves look good.
 
NicktheMainer, when you find out, let us know.. I want in on this bad boy, I'll pitch her the idea of Treasure Hunting meets Snookie, from the Jersey Shore :laughing7:
 
spartacus53 said:
NicktheMainer, when you find out, let us know.. I want in on this bad boy, I'll pitch her the idea of Treasure Hunting meets Snookie, from the Jersey Shore :laughing7:

*Fist pump baby* haha
 
NicktheMainer said:
I got this email and I want to know if this is some type of spam or ripoff and if anybody else has ever got it?

Caz Rosson caz@sharpentertainment.com

Hello Metal Detector!

I saw your detecting clips on youtube; very cool. I'm writing to you from Sharp Entertainment; we're one of the largest production companies here in NYC. We're currently developing a project around metal detecting, and I was wondering if you had a moment to chat?

It is all legit Nick. but like i said i get emails like this every other week and they all turn out to be fakes . this one emailed me today and told me to chat with her. so i called her 3 minutes after the email and she didn't answer, then i called her cell phone and still didnt answer. I also did a background check and even found her facebook. It's a real person. Don't let anyone on here get in on your fame. dont let them be on your TV show.. alright talk later.
 
"Some of these companies" are looking for people who might be interested in self publishing a video, much the same as self publishing a book. Not saying this is the case, but there is a lot of it going around right now. :dontknow:
 
nuggetnoggin said:
NicktheMainer said:
I got this email and I want to know if this is some type of spam or ripoff and if anybody else has ever got it?

Caz Rosson caz@sharpentertainment.com

Hello Metal Detector!

I saw your detecting clips on youtube; very cool. I'm writing to you from Sharp Entertainment; we're one of the largest production companies here in NYC. We're currently developing a project around metal detecting, and I was wondering if you had a moment to chat?

It is all legit Nick. but like i said i get emails like this every other week and they all turn out to be fakes . this one emailed me today and told me to chat with her. so i called her 3 minutes after the email and she didn't answer, then i called her cell phone and still didnt answer. I also did a background check and even found her facebook. It's a real person. Don't let anyone on here get in on your fame. dont let them be on your TV show.. alright talk later.

i traced the persons phone number and they live in White Plains NY and it is a land line phone , but she said it was her cell phone according to her website
 
She's legit. Just talked to her today. Contacted me through YouTube. Wants me to do a casting video and send it in. Pretty bizarre!
 
She's legit. Just talked to her today. Contacted me through YouTube. Wants me to do a casting video and send it in. Pretty bizarre!

Call her back and ask if you can go to her house and dig her property. If she's for real she'll invite you over. Good Luck!
 
Maybe they are looking for someone to do another reality show. The show that's on now with the guy from Kentucky they call the Turtle Man originally had a video on YouTube. I've heard that several of the reality shows that are on today got started that way. Swamp Men or whatever the name is another one. And not a reality show but the kid who's so popular singing nowadays, Justin Beiber, was discovered on YouTube too.

Who knows, this may be your chance to get your "15 minutes of fame" and make some extra cash. If it were me I'd feel it out, it can't hurt you as long as you don't put up any money. It may be a waste of time or it may make you some $$$$. I'd watch a reality show about Treasure Hunting if it was done with respect toward the THers.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom