Hey Civil war relic Diggers, as simple Question.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If it came from a known camp or battle area, and looks right (style, corrosion) I display 'em!

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it came from a known camp or battle area, and looks right (style, corrosion) I display 'em!

I agree. If it is from the time period and found among other CW relics then the chances are good that a solider used it. I also would and do display as shetch.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always worth saving. I pulled a 1840 CW gun wrench for a creek. Thought it was just junk until I cleaned it. But to your question. I do not know if you can I.D from the handles alone.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply's
These Items are a Tough Call , Ill just go the route PW, RN Suggested "If it's from the right area", Clean it up.
Also I guess I can Get as Many Ref, Books I Can & Save and Take as many pictures of CW era Knives,Forks Etc.
I worry to much.
Davers

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply's
These Items are a Tough Call , Ill just go the route PW, RN Suggested "If it's from the right area", Clean it up.
Also I guess I can Get as Many Ref, Books I Can & Save and Take as many pictures of CW era Knives,Forks Etc.
I worry to much.
Davers

It's nice to know for sure, but sometimes you just can't. Some of the things I display (that were found at known camps) I can't prove with out a dought but they are still relics so I display them. If the correct police do not approve they don't have to look. HH RN

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's nice to know for sure, but sometimes you just can't. Some of the things I display (that were found at known camps) I can't prove with out a dought but they are still relics so I display them. If the correct police do not approve they don't have to look. HH RN

Sounds good to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions