Hey folks, need your input again.

Loco Raindrops

Jul 26, 2020
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 with optional 6" coil, Whites MX Sport w/Garrett Z Link, Killer B's Stinger headphones, Predator Tools 85BC, Whites TRX pinpointer, Anaconda NX5 digger, Whites Digmaster hand digger,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First, let me start off by saying you all are rockstars on identifying some of my finds.

I have another one for ya.

I dug this old brass padlock from around the same area where I found the Civil War era .44 Colt pistol round.

Any clue as to maybe a timeframe when it was from?

As always thanks in advance. I appreciate you all tremendously.

Not sure why my some of my pics post sideways. When you expand it they are right side up.

I'm trying.

20201127_181547.jpg

Last edited:

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can only add that the Safe Padlock & Hardware Co. was in business from 1849-1959. I am not very knowledgeable on locks but if I had to say I would put it in the last half of the 19th century.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Loco Raindrops

Loco Raindrops

Jul 26, 2020
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 with optional 6" coil, Whites MX Sport w/Garrett Z Link, Killer B's Stinger headphones, Predator Tools 85BC, Whites TRX pinpointer, Anaconda NX5 digger, Whites Digmaster hand digger,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It had something attached to it. Maybe a chain, etc as there is a huge glob of rust stuck to it on the back lol.

Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not sure why my some of my pics post sideways. When you expand it they are right side up.
I'm trying.

The fix for the sideways images (from my experience) is to reduce the file size before
you post the pic. This is easily done in PAINT, which pretty much everybody has.

There is an adjustable setting on your camera/phone for the image size. I believe yours is set
to 1960x4032, making for very large file sizes and huge images. Images would
post better (correct side up) if you reset that to something along the lines of 1000x800
(or thereabouts). Images would still be plenty big for internet use without any degrading
of the image, and they would load and post much faster.

Your pic was 3.2MG, and this one is 523kb..

20201127a.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Loco Raindrops

Loco Raindrops

Jul 26, 2020
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you. I was told before that I needed to hold my phone sideways in landscape mode to post them and that seemed to work for a bit.

Then I post this pic and here we are lol.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread